Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Psycho let loose?

Yesterday after reading about a acid throwing psycho lurking at large in Delhi my first reaction was skepticism. How can I explain it to panicking friends and family back home that when 3 people get attacked its not catastrophe let loose.

Hey wait before you question my sensitivity or rather the lack of it let me explain :

For a single working girl who travels to office day in and day out the biggest threat would be the streets of Delhi.


What chances are of me meeting the acid throwing psycho ? But , I know the everyday I step out I will meet men gaping and passing lewd comments. I have heard of gory stories from friends being bullied and traumatized by the passers by ( mind you not psychos but in the right mind!)




Every time I walk on the roads in the evening I look back in fear for a speeding car of a rich brat to run over me

Mind you as far as I as a common working girl in Delhi is concerned the threat is not from the psychos but the sane minded jerks on the street...they do not have a face they could well be anyone...Now that is scary!

2 comments:

Soubhik said...

its cynical but true ya...sucks to accept it but its a freaking fact...too many 'sane minded' psychos run around in this city.

Udiyana Shivani said...

Agreed, cynicism just crawls in into the most positive people when they walk the Delhi roads at 8 ....

Add to Technorati Favorites