Friday, November 21, 2008

My Definition of Superstition :)

Well this write up is completely inspired by a comment on my previous blog by my friend! She said I do follow the superstitions I put under learnt from home slot ... well I DO! Maybe not fanatically but I Do!

  • Every time we sneeze a dozen bless you's are thrown at you :) Have you considered it superstition?
  • Every time we cross our fingers with a wish :) Have you considered it superstition?
  • Every time two people say a word together and scream jinx :) Have you considered superstition?
  • Every time you though Santa over Christmas or tooth fairy as u buried you teeth under you pillow or rock ( it was rock in our custom and it was an old lady replacing your teeth with teeth seeds and not fairy with goodies back home) :) Have you considered that superstition ?
  • Every time we see a falling star or a eye lash on the cheek which we reverently blow of asking for a wish :) Have you considered that superstitious?
Well a lot of things we read in our westernized books, movies, soaps and cinema becomes lifestyle...Then why should my list be superstition?

That was precisely the reason I wrote it the fairies and devils I said waiting to pop in our lives may be a myth but the innocuous faith with which we believe it will happen that if tradition custom... to me

Any custom which is not imposed or which does not hurt or harm another person to me is not superstition but a custom deeply secured to out tradition our folklore :)

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites