Thursday, October 23, 2008

Its not Math! Then why is it so difficult?



Then I realized the problem is I am told what to think, I told what to see. I see a Pakistan and I’m taught to hate it without ever wondering why. For one simple reason: I see with my eyes open but my minds closed.

 John Lennon hummed:

Imagine there's no Heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

 

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace

 

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

 

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world

  

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one


Everything here sounds so simple; still we call it a dream. But, we so willing believe that a civilian on the other side of the border is an enemy? We believe it when Modi blames Muslims for all social ills. We believe our caste, race, religion is superior then the others!

Maybe be human brain is tuned to complexity :)

2 comments:

Kanika said...

This song by John Lennon called "Imagine" very strongly inspired by Thomas More's Utopia which describes a fictional island in the Atlantic Ocean, possessing a seemingly perfect socio-politico-legal system.

Jonathan Swift pokes fun at the book or rather Thomas More's utopian ideology in his famous novel " gulliver's Travels Part 4 called "A Voyage to the Country of the Houyhnhnms"

Udiyana Shivani said...

Thats soooo interesting! I haven't read those books, but will try to find a copy ASAP!

Add to Technorati Favorites