Friday, November 7, 2008

World through My Brother's Eyes - Croatia

My brother was bitten by a travel bug a couple of years ago and ever since he has been an irredeemable traveler.


It’s not just about visiting a place on the tourist map, its not about threading the unexplored territories its the simple joy of being in a new place and observing a new culture. Its travel for travel sake!!!!


He has another habit … He religiously mails me a holiday report (which he mails to all friends in the name of weekend paparazzi) to his friends and on some coaxing to me …. These are excessively funny personalized mail… (Which I am forbidden from publishing :( )


In any case these pictures he clicks there are my window to the world ….


So let me begin with.... Well.... Croatia! (Dont ask me why!)


Croatia



If i were to describe its geographical location it would be: Where on earth is this place??? OK! If you would ever be able to locate a country bordering Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia , Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro and yes Adriatic Sea!!!!! If anyone had gussed that one please let me know you just won... well my Respect (that’s big ok)




Well I remembered Croatia for some strange reason for some tennis player I cannot recall! ( Wow ! how precise!)


On its political scene the Wiki described it in short as … Since the adoption of the 1990 Constitution; Croatia has been a democratic republic. Between 1990 and 2000 it had a semi-presidential system, and since 2000 it has a parliamentary system.
(Heavens they don’t symbolise stability do they?)



Slobodan Milošević Yes now it rings a bell... they were a part of the worst ethnic strife with the Serbs. With thousands of Croats dead in the strife the country is slowly limping to stability....


But the best thing I liked was my brothers ingenious observation! ( from weekend Paparazzi of course) .... he said … Amazing fact was…at more than few locations…the Croatians were surprised to see Indians… :O …. It was quoted that these were the first Indian visitors around… wow.. that’s some news..


Whatever be the rest of the facts....The place is stunning if nothing else :)...


That's edible .... yummy? Not sure..




Well had heard of a candle lit dinner....table lit dinner....interesting!




Beach Beautiful!( Adriatic Sea is beautiful in spite of the name ....)




Splash!!!




Serenity....Nice evening to settle down and gaze at the sun...




Hey even they are over crowded... heeheeheee




Now I wouldn't mind that crowd! Its beautiful




That's a Bright Idea? What say?




The sunset is beautiful sans borders ...




Well The stairs look antique ( reminder: Ask him where it leads???)




A European Architectural Piece




That's where it leads....But where is it???




I have no clue....




Going to another country... Byeeeeee

P.S.: No clue how some picture titles got the link.....so ignore it( it will lead u to the pictures : for curious cats)

4 comments:

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Udiyana,
Great photos from Croatia.
Best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

Udiyana Shivani said...

Hi Geraldo,

Thank you :)

Kanika said...

Whoa That's amazing. Your brother definitely earned my respect!!
(A hydrophobic, acrophobic mortal)

Udiyana Shivani said...

Hey,

Most mortals are hydrophobic and aerophobic by my rule book... so its ok :) afterall we are meant to stay on the land right?

Add to Technorati Favorites