Monday, November 10, 2008

World Through My Brother's Eyes : The Birds Eye View


It was not so Long ago that I gaped  with my eyes and mouth wide open the spectacle of a man jumping of a plane in a skiing kind of costume on Discovery ! And I thought Freak what on earth are they???!!!

It was something like the spectacles you seen on AXN or Discovery where they show people sitting around with Lions and Crocs ( In short absolutely out of my definition of things normal people do!)

Then I met this girl in a youth hostel in Delhi who had pretty much taken it as a sport. That's when I realised that such people do exist. But, in my defence she was an Arjuna Awardee.... SO the aero sport segment was placed well literally quite high and out of reach from my mere mortal point of view...

Then one fine morning my mother told me my brother ( the ever adventurous one ) was going sky diving... I very comfortably assumed that he was going to watch one such spectacle till I watched the pictures below!!! 

My brother actually took a sky dive jump!!!! He came out pretty much unscathed but sooo many of my myths were shattered by this one jump...

  • Aero sport can be taken up by anybody ( without any major ailment that is..)
  • The sport is considerable safe even for untrained ones, so it is a ' my first time' for most people!
  • And nothing can stop you from dreaming and fulfilling your dream ( My brother as a kid was prone to asthma attack, and If I were in his place would have conveniently bailed out using it as an alibi. But, my brother is try something new type of species very different from earth bound Taureans like me)

The pictures gave me a dream to fly, but will it help me get over my Taurean fear of parting with this ground only time can tell... Till Then Dream Hope .... Swoosh I go.......................

Breathtaking Perhaps !!


Man Nope SuperMan


The Rope is from the Parachute( I thought It was a Rajnikant Movie Rope Stunt)


Swwooosh.... 


 My New Year Resolution 



Jack Fell Down, Came Rolling Down! Jill Came Rolling After!


The Flying Machine and The Group 

Then Here they Land...


After the skies my next stop could well be under water...... 

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites