Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Under The Skin of a Gold Fish

Suddenly as I was sitting in the office I was overpowered by fatigue, I thought I was overworked but alas! in spite of that moment of fancying myself as stressed .... I realized the air condition was switched off and there was no window...so fatigues meant in short that I was feeling stuffy....

In this weird weather where a chilling breeze from outside whizzed through the ever swinging front door ( opposite to which I sit rather squat on my seat) to mix with the stiffing heat inside I realized to my horror that I could not recall exactly what I was doing ( I know most of us perpetually wonder 'What Am I doin????' in office but this was more on the implementation side..... I was in short blank as my preps exam paper!)

Suddenly I felt like a gold fish ! And at this point of time I spoke to a Sanwli my colleague who so casually remarked she worked on a Mac as a part of her advertising course! So I'm feeling like a antiquated dead gold fish floating upside down with the world staring at me with that unnerving Awww..... look!!!) Why gold fish? Well gold fish I read some where has a memory of 3 seconds ( So you can spend a life time looking within, and wake up to a new day literally .... well well and can officially forget birthdays! )



Well I feel like a gold fish for more then the memory, Living in a city like a fancy fish pot , nice to look but stifling to live in, with the dirt and shit which I exude coming back and falling flat on me and still i doggedly swim around trying to ignore.

Once in a while a mysterious hand from outside comes in and with all ease topples my world and walks away in glee as I sit helpless and cribbing....

I feel like I swim all day because the minute I stop swimming I must be dead!, I swim for the heck of it with no purpose or destination in my little aquarium under the illusion that this is the world, for I have seen no other!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites